[rabbitmq-discuss] EventingBasicConsumer is still experimentals? (.NET client)

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Sun Nov 20 11:09:32 GMT 2011

Jason,

On 20/11/11 10:46, Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
> Actually, I mean non-blocking in a much looser sense...that one queue
> consumption loop while waiting on messages doesn't block other
> consumption loops in the same thread (rather than non-blocking all
> network I/O).

Where are those "consumption loops"? I do not see any in your examples.

> EventBasicConsumer actually provides the analog I was looking
> for...here's the C# code I ended up with:
>
> https://github.com/rabbitinaction/sourcecode/blob/master/csharp/appendix-a/AlertingServerConsumer/alerting_server_consumer.cs

That doesn't look any different, control-flow wise, than implementing
IBasicConsumer (or sub-classing DefaultConsumer) and then passing that
instance to BasicConsume. In fact EventBasicConsumer is just a rather
trivial sub-class of DefaultConsumer - there's no threading/async magic
in it.

Matthias.