[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue and filtering questions

Benjamin Bennett benbennett at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 01:44:22 GMT 2011

For the first item in our deployed system we used the xmessagettl option
when the queue is created.  Messages expire after a certain amount of time.
http://www.rabbitmq.com/extensions.html

For the second one I would do it in the client and I don't know if rabbit
supports it.  Example in our system there are 10 consumer machines reading
from the same queue,  it goes quick when every node can filter out
messages, if you have to parse through the contents of the message.