[rabbitmq-discuss] Consumer connection closes abruptly after one message

p2w tpletch001 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:11:36 GMT 2011

Michael,

Thanks for the heads up on all accounts. I added the following to my
initializer per the documentation:
connection.on_tcp_connection_loss do |connection, settings|
     puts "recovering RabbitMQ TCP Connection"
     connection.reconnect(false, 10)

What's interesting is that if there is absolutely no activity in the
app through the application interface itself, then this exception code
reconnects the consumer consistently after the TCP exception
disconnects the client. However as soon as any activity occurs in the
app interface the reconnect fails. This makes me pretty sure this is
an issue with Thin/EM blocking AMQP at thread level. I can replicate
this consistently.

I'm going to make sure I am up to date on the EM and AMQP gems, then
try the AMQP::Integration::Rails...