[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq 2.5-2.6.1 java hanging on close of connection

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Fri Nov 11 13:05:55 GMT 2011

Hi Benjamin,

After investigation of our code, I'm now no longer convinced that
your hangs occur because we haven't trapped the EOFException
correctly.  We ought to be handling it properly.

I cannot reproduce this problem here, yet.

Could you please do some more investigation for us?  What would
be helpful is for you to take a java stack dump (use jstack) when
the hang occurs.

    jstack -l <pid>

ought to be sufficient, with <pid> the process number of the client JVM.

That will help us to find out what is hung where.
(It would be most helpful if you could do this on the
latest release -- RabbitMQ 2.7.0, but an older one is fine.)

Steve Powell
steve at rabbitmq.com
[wrk: +44-2380-111-528] [mob: +44-7815-838-558]