[rabbitmq-discuss] "Processing error" on server with STOMP reply-queues on 2.7.0

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Thu Nov 10 05:50:50 GMT 2011

By the way - a bit more info I've worked out here..

The error occurs if I try to send multiple messages using the same
reply-to temporary address.

ie. Something like this:

SEND
destination:/some/where
reply-to:/temp-queue/foo

SEND
destination:/some/where/else
reply-to:/temp-queue/foo

Is that meant to work or not?
I realise it's not quite the intended use of the /temp-queue/
functionality, but I thought it would be OK.

If I change the above to send to /temp-queue/foo1 and then
/temp-queue/foo2 it all works as expected.

I've changed my code to result in something like this instead:

SUBSCRIBE
destination:/exchange/amq.direct/${unique_id}

SEND
destination:/some/where
reply-to:/exchange/amq.direct/${unique_id}

SEND
destination:/some/where/else
reply-to:/exchange/amq.direct/${unique_id}

As this has the desired effect of receiving messages just to me, and
disposing of the messages if I've disappeared.

However, I thought the "processing error" might still be a bug in Rabbit?

-Toby

On 10/11/11 15:33, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> Hi,
> I've hit another issue with the temp-queue/reply-queue functionality in
> rabbitmq's stomp adapter.
>
> I basically just wrote a couple of little apps that ping a message back
> and forth between each other, using the /temp-queue stuff in the
> reply-to fields.
>
> The first message goes through, but after that the server kicks me off,
> and reports:
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 10-Nov-2011::04:25:53 ===
> STOMP error frame sent:
> Message: "Processing error"
> Detail: "Processing error\n"
> Server private detail: {badarg,
> [{erlang,list_to_binary,
> [<<"amq.gen-X4QkaphR9pZCvDYz5aNXKg==">>]},
> {rabbit_stomp_frame,binary_header,2},
> {rabbit_stomp_frame,binary_header,3},
> {rabbit_stomp_util,message_properties,1},
> {rabbit_stomp_processor,do_send,4},
> {rabbit_stomp_processor,process_request,3},
> {gen_server2,handle_msg,2},
> {proc_lib,wake_up,3}]}
>

> I'm pretty sure I'm sending valid messages to the server, so I'm not
> sure what's going on here.
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Toby