[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP performance problems at > 1200 messages/s

Al Tobey al at ooyala.com
Tue Nov 8 18:22:55 GMT 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:41 PM, Matthias Radestock
<matthias at rabbitmq.com>wrote:

> Al,
>

> On 08/11/11 00:18, Al Tobey wrote:
>
>> I mentioned some performance issues I experienced over the weekend with
>> STOMP on Twitter and @monadic asked me to send an email, so here it is.
>> [...]
>>

> What changed between...

1.) We started paying attention and caring about delays
2.) Load increased, by as much as 2x depending on time of day

When I say "seemed to be working fine", that was right after putting
everything together and verifying that messages were flowing at something
that, to my eyeballs, seemed like a reasonable rate.  Right after startup,
I didn't really watch for any kind of delay because I was basically doing "
stomp_drainer.pl |pv >/dev/null".