[rabbitmq-discuss] exessive memory usage and blocked connection, even when no messages left

Theo iconara at gmail.com
Thu May 19 06:35:34 BST 2011

I rewrote my test code in Java, just to make sure there's nothing with
the Ruby driver that is causing the problem, here is the code:
https://gist.github.com/980238

I ran that with more or less the same result. After a few minutes at
20K publishes/deliveries/acks per second the cluster rotted and all
connections got blocked. What's more, this time I saw that if I turned
off my producers the web UI still reported messages being published
for several minutes -- no producers were running (I'm absolutely sure
the processes were terminated) but there were still messages being
published.

Theo