[rabbitmq-discuss] exessive memory usage and blocked connection, even when no messages left

Theo iconara at gmail.com
Wed May 18 21:47:45 BST 2011

Eventually (a couple of hours without any connections) the node
returned to normal memory usage, so I launched a new batch of tests. I
saw a sustained load of 20K published/delivered/acked for a few
minutes, with the memory usage of each node increasing rapidly. After
perhaps five minutes the cluster rotted completely. No messages
published, nothing delivered, all connections are blocked.

20K messages over four nodes, that shouldn't be a problem? From my
point of view it looks like RabbitMQ is leaking memory badly, but that
couldn't be, could it?

At this point there is no message on any queue, according to the web
UI, but each node is still using over 3Gb RAM.

Theo