[rabbitmq-discuss] Stress testing RabbitMQ

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Sat May 14 12:07:49 BST 2011

Hi,

I was reading the blog post about the improved topic exchange: http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2011/03/28/very-fast-and-scalable-topic-routing-part-2/

I see some nice graphs there, so I was wondering which tool do you guys used to stress test / benchmark the exchange.

My main goal is to be able to measure routing speed while I try different approaches for storing the bindings.

I tried creating an alternate_fanout exchange, storing the bindings in a gb_tree, dicts, and plain lists… still I can see much improvement compared to the default fanout exchange. My goal was to avoid the mnesia:dirty_select() done at rabbit_router:match_routing_key.

Regards,

Alvaro