[rabbitmq-discuss] how to detect bad username/password in 0.9.5?

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon.craig.rhodes at gmail.com
Thu May 12 12:27:19 BST 2011

"Gavin M. Roy" <gmr at myyearbook.com> writes:

> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Michael Klishin
> <michael.s.klishin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I see that pika is callbacks-oriented. If so, maybe it can do what
>> amqp gem does: it actually runs an errback when possible
>> authentication failure is detected...

> Thanks, that sounds like a good solution.

Gavin, thank you for looking into this!  A callback will be perfect, and
let me clean things up and alert the user when communication is not
taking place.

If you have a Stack Overflow account, feel free to leave the true
answer, "the AMQP protocol has no concept of a 'bad password' response
but we can raise an exception if we are hung up on," on the question I
asked and receive the green check-mark of victory:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5918316/how-can-python-detect-that-my-rabbitmq-password-failed/