[rabbitmq-discuss] how to detect bad username/password in 0.9.5?

Gavin M. Roy gmr at myyearbook.com
Mon May 9 18:07:28 BST 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Michael Klishin <michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Gavin,
>
> I see that pika is callbacks-oriented. If so, maybe it can do what amqp gem
> does: it actually runs an errback when possible authentication failure is
> detected, but also provides a default callback that raises an exception.
> This way library user can choose between the two and failure to define the
> errback is visible. Just a suggestion.

Thanks, that sounds like a good solution. The main issue right now is we
don't start tracking state for callbacks until after the connection is
negotiated and do so based upon frames.  It should be trivial to add the
right kind of errback prior to connection.open-ok, I just want to make sure
I implement it correctly where it comes across as a kludgy after-thought.

Gavin