[rabbitmq-discuss] how to detect bad username/password in 0.9.5?

Gavin M. Roy gmr at myyearbook.com
Mon May 9 16:12:40 BST 2011

In trying to track this down with RabbitMQ 2.4.1 and Pika 0.9.6pre0 I am not seeing any reply back from Rabbit after a Connection.StartOk is sent, the socket just closes.

Is this expected behavior from the broker perspective? I imagine since the connection is never negotiating doing a Connection.Close from the server is not appropriate. Any suggestions on how to raise this as an Exception since it seems to be an implied behavior that broker disconnects if the mechanism or response values are incorrect?

The error logs do show the error as expected.

=ERROR REPORT==== 9-May-2011::11:05:32 ===
exception on TCP connection <0.6098.0> from 127.0.0.1:58311
{channel0_error,starting,
{amqp_error,access_refused,
"PLAIN login refused: user 'gmr' - invalid credentials",
'connection.start_ok'}}

=INFO REPORT==== 9-May-2011::11:05:32 ===
closing TCP connection <0.6098.0> from 127.0.0.1:58311

When a error occurs while connecting in Pika 0.9.5, I have to go log on