[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: Management UI plugin issue on 2 node cluster

Matthew Long mlong at rozoom.com
Fri May 6 02:40:02 BST 2011

Hello,

We experienced the exact same issue with rabbitmq crashing with a two node
cluster. But what we found out is that it wasn't the management interface at
all. From our testing it seemed to be that one server was a disk node while
the other was a ram node. After changing the second server to a disk node
all seems to work correctly.

Obviously, the cluster should functioning whether the second node is ram or
disk based. We are going to setup another cluster on EC2 and see if we can
reproduce the results.

Thanks,
Matthew

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Simon MacMullen <simon at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

> On 26/04/11 23:37, Jos Boumans wrote:
>
>> Hi Matthias & list,
>>
>> fearing this has fallen between the cracks, I'm reposting this;
>> my own investigation hasn't helped me find a resolution yet.
>>

> Hi Jos. Thanks for the tarballs.
>
> I still don't understand this. I set up a two node cluster with 2.4.1 on
> Ubuntu with the mgmt and stomp plugins on both nodes, installed the mnesia
> directories from the tarballs, and... the cluster started up fine. Just to
> be absolutely clear - rabbit-a002 does not start up for you with that mnesia
> dir and the mgmt plugin?
>
> So I wonder if you have some different configuration in /etc or something?
> Not that the tarballs showed that.
>

> Cheers, Simon
>
> --
> Simon MacMullen