[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP Plugin 2.4.0 Issue

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 31 13:10:44 BST 2011

Alex,
It appears that the stomp adapter uses an Erlang module (binary) that only appeared in R14 of the language.  When starting the server you see the message:
    *WARNING* Undefined function binary:split/2
as it loads the plugins.  This is out of the rabbitmq-stomp-2.4.0.ez plugin.
You (and me on Ubuntu) are running with Erlang R13B03 and this deficiency is discovered only when running the plugin.

This is definitely a bug, since we state:
    In order to compile or run the server, you will need to have downloaded and installed Erlang/OTP, version R12B-3 or higher.
on the RabbitMQ Server page (http://www.rabbitmq.com/server.html).

We've raised this bug (24012) and will fix this in the next release.

The easiest solution is to load and run a later version of Erlang/Otp -- anything R14 and after should be fine. You should be able to find a *.deb package somwhere (!easier said than done - though there is this one 'http://launchpad.net/~morpheus-level28/+archive/erlang' you could try).

Alternatively, if you need a patch I can supply one -- although this may not be the best performing code -- contact me if you want this. I have tried the patch out and it fixes the (immediate) problem for me!

Steve Powell