[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP Plugin 2.4.0 Issue

Alexander Goldstone alex at kinishi.com
Wed Mar 30 17:32:18 BST 2011

Hi Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to look at this for me.

I started with a regular 64-Bit Ubuntu 10.10 running on an Amazon EC2 micro instance.

I changed the hostname of the instance and then ran:

		sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y

I then copied and pasted the rabbitmq-user-data.sh script documented at:

		http://www.rabbitmq.com/ec2.html

Once the latest (2.4.0) rabbitmq was installed using that script I installed the plugins:

cd /usr/lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq_server-2.4.0/plugins/
sudo wget http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/plugins/v2.4.0/mochiweb-2.4.0.ez
sudo wget http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/plugins/v2.4.0/webmachine-2.4.0.ez
sudo wget http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/plugins/v2.4.0/amqp_client-2.4.0.ez
sudo wget http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/plugins/v2.4.0/rabbitmq-mochiweb-2.4.0.ez
sudo wget http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/plugins/v2.4.0/rabbitmq-management-agent-2.4.0.ez
sudo wget http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/plugins/v2.4.0/rabbitmq-management-2.4.0.ez
sudo wget http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/plugins/v2.4.0/rabbit_stomp-2.4.0.ez
sudo /etc/init.d/rabbitmq-server restart

I did not manually install erlang itself but I can see that the version I have ended up with after the above is R13B03.

I didn't do anything else so I can't see what I could have done differently. This same process worked for the previous version of rabbitmq for which I was able to telnet and use the STOMP plugin fine.

I just removed all plugins except amqp_client-2.4.0.ez and rabbit_stomp-2.4.0.ez and restarted rabbitmq as this was the only difference I could see between your tests and mine (other than the operating system and erlang version).

Removing the other plugins and restarting rabbitmq had no impact on this issue so I would really appreciate you repeating your test on an Ubuntu client as that would seem to be the only difference between your tests and mine.

If there is anything else I should try and/or any other details I can provide that would be useful then please let me know.

Thanks,

Alex