[rabbitmq-discuss] Using listeners in json rpc server/client

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Mar 29 15:50:21 BST 2011

On 29/03/11 14:32, mysurf mail wrote:

> 1. Is that design good? In places there used to be listeners
> transport for subscribing to data I  will leave the jsonrpc solution
> and the listeners?

In a heterogeneous environment different components can communicate with
each other via a broker, regardless of their address. If that is your
design then it's good.

> 2. what is the reccomended way to choose a name for the queue for
> each client

You should name queues in a way that makes sense in your application. If
queues are transient or the name doesn't matter then you can have the
broker assign random names by supplying an empty string for the queue name.

> 3. When a client dies sudddenly (unexpected ) who will close his
> queue ?

You can set the queue to be auto-delete. When the last consumer
disconnects the queue will then be deleted automatically.

Regards

Emile