[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq-Shovel Timer-Based Publishing Possible?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 17 14:04:53 GMT 2011

Allen,

Allen Kim wrote:
> Sorry, I am not talking about guaranteed delivery, but I am talking about
> delivery on time.
>
> Think about this situation,
>
> Data center A has a transaction, which must be passed to data center B IN
> 5 seconds.

Where do AMQP transactions come into it? Why are you using them? I
*thought* you employed them in order to ensure that messages got handled
by the destination broker before ack'ing them to the source. That's what
I mean by guaranteed delivery.

If you didn't use tx then the whole time/size-based batching wouldn't arise.

Matthias.