[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-server init script

Alexandru Scvorţov alexandru at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 17 10:29:55 GMT 2011

I'm having trouble reproducing this.

On a fresh Centos install, the RPM does what it's supposed to do (and what
you say it does).  In /var/log/rabbitmq, there are some log files owned by
root and some owned by rabbitmq, but the root files are only ever accessed
by the init script, and that should be fine.

Is this what you're seeing?

  Starting rabbitmq-server: /etc/init.d/rabbitmq-server: line 43:
  /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_log: Permission denied
  TIMEOUT - check /var/log//rabbitmq/startup_{log,err}
  rabbitmq_server.

If so, are you starting the service as a non-root user?

Cheers,
Alex