[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-server init script

paul paul.theodoropoulos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 18:28:20 GMT 2011

On Mar 16, 5:16 am, Alexandru Scvor??ov <alexan... at rabbitmq.com>
wrote:
> > chown -R $USER:$USER $INIT_LOG_DIR
>
> That's interesting.  Did you add some code to run rabbitmq as non-root?

nope.

> What is your INIT_LOG_DIR? (did you change it to a location that gets
> wiped on restart?)

i installed from the RPM, which created the rabbitmq log directory in
the appropriate place, and with the appropriate ownership as
rabbitmq:rabbitmq - it's just that on restart apparently the logs
would be created owned by root which would block startup.

> I see we don't automatically `mkdir $INIT_LOG_DIR` in the init script.
> How are you creating it?

as above - was created at /var/log/rabbitmq by the rpm.