[rabbitmq-discuss] queue supervisor and recovery takes 10 mins

RishiDev rishdev at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 11:50:19 GMT 2011

Hi,

In my local rabbitmq installation "starting queue supervisor and queue
recovery" takes about 10+ mins while starting the server. Most likely
it is because I have about 9000+ msgs (each ~3MB) sitting in one of
the queues.
Is there a way we can make it faster? Suppose in production
environment for some reasons messaging system needs a restart then
waiting for so long for messaging servers to come online can be quite
painful.

Thanks,
Rishi