[rabbitmq-discuss] Republishing messages when a broker is unreachable

James Carr james.r.carr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 06:17:03 BST 2011

Yeah, that was along a similar idea I was considering. In node.js I
already do this by having a webworker (which runs in a separate
process) be responsible for publishing and retrying. In java we could
probably do something similar and use a simple ehcache based solution
(since it already overflows to disk when a certain memory threshold is
reached), caching and retrying messages that are published while the
broker is down. We could then use ehcache's write to disk on crash if
that process crashes.

Sigh... it does feel like a bit of shuffling the point of failure around. :)

Thanks,
James