[rabbitmq-discuss] queue subscription + sending to some exchange

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 22 10:23:15 BST 2011

Hi Petar,

On 22/06/11 02:19, Petar Shomov wrote:
> Hi Emile,
>
> What a great suggestion: look into the log file ;). Indeed I looked
> and found the problem: the exchange I was posting to did not exist.
> Somehow the first posting succeeded but on the second attempt did not
> go through or something like that.

I'm glad you found the problem. The first posting would not have
succeeded, but since publishing is asynchronous, the problem manifests
later from the client's perspective.

You should consider using publisher confirms in tests that publish
messages. That would have made this error apparent earlier and avoids
racy time-outs.

-Emile