[rabbitmq-discuss] use rabbit.config file to start multiple nodes

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jun 16 11:13:30 BST 2011

On 15/06/11 22:51, Jason Klassen wrote:
> How do I set the nodename through the config file?

I'm afraid you can't do that. (Boring reason why: the nodename is set as
the process starts up, before we read the config file.)

> How can I set 2 nodes in a single config file?

...and you also can't do that.

> I am trying to avoid setting environment
> variables as this solution should be easily run by other developers and
> a config file removes the chance of typos.

That makes sense. In future we might move to preprocessing the config
file somehow so that nodename can be set that way.

Probably your best bet is to write a script to start nodes in the way
you want.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen