[rabbitmq-discuss] Management plugin throwing "cannot read property" errors

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 19:30:44 BST 2011

> xmerl is sometimes packaged separately (Debian, Ubuntu).

That was the problem. Installing erlang-xmerl seems to have fixed it.

> Jason, which OS is this? How is Erlang installed? Is there an erlang-xmerl
> package you could install?

RMQ is installed from tarball, and Erlang was installed from debs
(erlang-base erlang-crypto erlang-mnesia erlang-os-mon
erlang-public-key erlang-runtime-tools erlang-snmp erlang-ssl
erlang-syntax-tools erlang-inets erlang-xmerl libsctp1 lksctp-tools).
We've added erlang-xmerl to that list now. Thank you for your help. I
really appreciate it.

-J