[rabbitmq-discuss] publish/suscribe model with typed consumers
PADIOU Pierre-Marie (MORPHO)
pierre-marie.padiou at morpho.com
Fri Jun 10 11:15:01 BST 2011
I am currently struggling with the following use case:
- I am using a publish/subscribe model
- I've got many subscribers and I only want one of them to process a publisher's message
- requests can be of many types (say A to Z), and each consumer knows how to deal with only a subset of them
For example :
- consumer 1 can process requests A to M
- consumer 2 can process requests N to Z
- consumer 3 can process requests F to Q
There is actually far more types than that (say a thousand). For now, the only solution I see would be to create as many queues as requests types (queueA, queueB, etc), and make consumer listen to the appropriate queues.
- this implies that consumers create as many threads as queues there are listening from (more than a hundred in my case), which I would like to avoid.
- or I could make a single thread of a consumer randomly and sequentially dequeue messages from all queues assigned to it?
Is there a better way to handle this?
Thanks in advance
" Ce courriel et les documents qui lui sont joints peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou ayant un caractère privé. S'ils ne vous sont pas destinés, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de les divulguer, de les reproduire ou d'en utiliser de quelque manière que ce soit le contenu. Si ce message vous a été transmis par erreur, merci d'en informer l'expéditeur et de supprimer immédiatement de votre système informatique ce courriel ainsi que tous les documents qui y sont attachés."
" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, copying of this e-mail and any attachments thereto or use of their contents by any means whatsoever is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from your computer system."
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss