[rabbitmq-discuss] Getting stats from celery

Steven Taylor taylste at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 06:19:23 BST 2011

a few thoughts:

declare "monitor" queue:
* register task (must be done via RPC)  --> dump to database
* report on status at each stage: started, pending, completed.  --> dump to
database

Why RPC?  Because rabbit guarantees delivery, but not the order in which
messages are delievered in.  RPC at the start ensures that later monitoring
has a context.  It just seems a little tidier.

Let me know if this helps.

btw: I haven't had a chance to look at Celery... so don't know on that.

-Steven