[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP plugin and virtual hosts

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Wed Jul 20 02:46:33 BST 2011

On 19/07/11 20:44, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> On 19/07/11 10:55, Toby Corkindale wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>> I've been using the STOMP plugin with RabbitMQ for some time now,
>> successfully. I've just been using the default "/" virtual host.
>>
>> I'm now trying to work on partitioning different things into their own
>> virtual hosts, but I'm not sure how this works with the STOMP plugin.
>>
>> How do I specify which virtual host to attempt to write to from within
>> it? Do I put it in the destination field? Is it a header?
>
> On CONNECT, STOMP 1.1 defines a "host" header. If present, Rabbit will
> interpret this as the virtual host to use.

Ah, thanks.

It seems neither of the two available Perl STOMP modules support STOMP
1.1, just STOMP 1.0.

In particular the module I'm using, Net::STOMP, doesn't let you pass a
host header in the CONNECT frame.

I guess I'll be sticking to the / virtual host for a a bit longer!
(It wouldn't be hard to patch the Perl module, but maybe another day
when I have more tuits..)

Thanks,
Toby