[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ consumer stops receiving messages

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jul 19 11:30:57 BST 2011

Maxime,

On 19/07/11 10:57, Maxime Bouroumeau-Fuseau wrote:
> I was using stormed-amqp 0.1 and rabbitmq 2.3.1.
> I have updated to the latest master of stormed-amqp and to rabbitmq 2.5.1.
>
> The problem persists but appears after more messages have been received.
> You'll find attached report.txt which is with a consumer without ack and
> report_with_ack.txt

We can see that the 'thot.processor' queue has 863 messages ready, and
one consumer, on channel <rabbit at ns353204.3.1624.0>. That channel is
associated with connection <rabbit at ns353204.3.1621.0>. That connection
has a 'send_pend' count of 8432.

This indicates that the client is not reading from the rabbit connection
socket. So this is either a problem with the client library or with the
app. I am not much of a python hacker and am not familiar with
stormed-amqp, but I suggest the next step is to figure out what the
consumer process is doing when its stuck, i.e. somehow get a stack trace
from it.

Regards,

Matthias.