[rabbitmq-discuss] Documentation on priority?

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 20:31:28 BST 2011

2011/7/13 <Lowell.Boggs at emc.com>

> For example, I'm interested in this information:
>
> *  Is priority 0 higher or lower than priority 1?

I don't think the spec defines it, so it is up to your applications.

>  *  Are messages with higher priority (whatever direction that is)
> guaranteed to be delivered before messages of lower priority?

As far as I know RabbitMQ does not use priority attribute for deliveries (or
any other purpuses).

>  *  Are the priorities of persistent messages in durable queues preserved
> after a server restart?

Yes, just like other message attributes.

> *  Are there any other aspects of the priority that I need to program
> around?

It is up to your applications how fields like `priority` or `type` are used.
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin