[rabbitmq-discuss] a few json rpc questions

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 11 12:00:43 BST 2011

Hi,

On 11/07/11 10:23, mysurf mail wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have three general questions regarding rabbit java rpc
> 1. How should I define the client when I want to use two applications?
> currently i use this line
>                     new JsonRpcCleint(channel,"",SomeStringNotUniqueToApp)
> in all my apps.
> Sometimes the application gets stuck in the client wen trying to get the
> RPCClient

The RPC servers that serve requests for different applications must be
listening on different work queues. You must ensure that RPC clients use
a routing key that matches the server queue and are different for each
application.

I don't see how it makes sense to use a routing key that is not unique
to the application. Perhaps you can explain your intended use.

> 2. Is the JsonRPCClient/Server a guaranteed message delivery process?
> By that I am asking if when the server falls and loads again after few
> seconds- will it send answers ?

The server work queue is normally declared outside the RPC Server
framework, so you can set this up as a durable queue if you want work
messages to survive a server restart.

> 3. Is there any way to determine timout for RPC ?
> I have asked it here before and received a negative answer (emile opened
> a bug for it - bug23515)

This feature has been added recently and will be in the next release.

-Emile