[rabbitmq-discuss] Experimental RabbitMQ Topology Visualiser

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 00:45:46 BST 2011

Hi Matthew,

> Now that's a good idea; which I've not thought of. I have a long list of
> additional bits of information it needs to be able to display in
> sensible forms but I'd not considered using it to construct things
> rather than just display things. Neat idea - and some obvious
> applications - e.g. just drag between an exchange and a queue to create
> a binding, etc etc.

I've started playing with that idea a while ago as shown in this short video: http://vimeo.com/22722581

There's a live demo of that web application running here: http://tryrabbitmq.github.com/ using Canvas too.

You can add queues and exchanges, bind them, create consumers, publish messages, add callbacks to messages and so on.

Note:

a) It's an early prototype, code needs clean up, design needs UX improvements, etc.
b) There's a fake implementation of RabbitMQ in Javascript… basically to simulate how things work and prototype on top of that. (I've could have used Websocktes with a real RabbitMQ).
c) There's a silly bug now where messages get fanout'ed to consumers instead of being "round robin" to them.

And most important, by no means this plans to compete with your tool. Perhaps it can be useful for inspiration.

Cheers,

Alvaro