[rabbitmq-discuss] Undefined errors on management interface

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Sat Jan 15 12:00:15 GMT 2011

On 14/01/2011 5:57PM, Mark J. Reed wrote:
> OK, now that I'm on 2.2.0, I set up the management plugin set
> (amqp_client, mochiweb, rabbitmq-management,
> rabbitmq-management-agent, rabbitmq-mochiweb, and webmachine).  But
> when I go to http://rabbit1:55672/mgmt/#/, I get "TypeError: Cannot
> read property 'messages_ready' of undefined.".
>
> If I go to the queues tab, I get a list of queues, but the message
> counts are all question marks, and the same message appears below the
> table.
>
> Permissions issue?   Something else I should look at?

Hi Mark.

This sounds quite a lot like the problem described by Ciprian at
http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2011-January/010611.html
- you're not starting Rabbit in an unusual way are you?

If not, then this should definitely not be happening. Can you look in
/var/log/rabbitmq/startup_log and see if the lines:

starting management agent                               ...done
starting management statistics database                 ...done

appear? Also, is there anything that looks error-like in the logs?

Cheers, Simon