[rabbitmq-discuss] Preventing Publisher from Consuming Own Messages?

James Carr james.r.carr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 13:01:32 GMT 2011

Hey All,

I'm working on an AMQP based cache replication plugin and so far it
has worked great. Each node on the cluster essentially opens its own
queue up on the exchange to receive cache update events and then
publishes on each put, eviction, etc.

One minor problem I've had however is the publishes also consumes its
own messages. My quick hack solution to it was to just put some logic
in the client code to filter out messages sent by the same node but
I'm wondering if the broker has some built in way to prevent delivery
of messages on a queue bound to the same publisher?

Thanks,
James