[rabbitmq-discuss] gen_event handler rabbit_error_logger crashed. Reason badarg

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Sat Feb 26 11:05:30 GMT 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 03:38:15PM -0800, Michi Oshima wrote:
> Hm.  Could it be that I should not be deleting the virtual host "/"?

Well you can, and it's not a disaster if you do, however, we should
certainly make it not explode.

One thing you could do is to change the default_vhost in your
rabbitmq.config to a vhost that's not going to be deleted. Maybe create
a vhost specifically for the log msgs? You'll likely have to create
that, then reconfigure rabbit then start it again. Your rabbitmq.config
should contain a {default_vhost, <<"my-vhost">>} entry, so the simplest
form would be:

[{rabbit, [{default_vhost, <<"my-vhost">>}]}].

Note you'll have to make sure "my-vhost" exists yourself - Rabbit will
always create the default_vhost itself if it's starting from an empty
database (e.g. fresh install). After that, it'll just assume the default
vhost exists.

Best wishes,

Matthew