[rabbitmq-discuss] Error code 404 NOT_FOUND when declaring a queue in a clustered server (using .NET client)

Alfonso Pantoja alfonso.pantoja at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 10:57:25 GMT 2011

Hi,

Today I've got a code=404  NOT_FOUND  error when declaring a queue in a
clustered server.
We have 2 servers in that cluster. SERVER_1 and SERVER_2.
The message reported that the queue the consumer wanted to declare didn't
exist which hasn't too much sense...

The AMQP operation
was interrupted: AMQP close-reason, initiated by Peer, code=404,
text="NOT_FOUND - no queue  'alfonsoqueue' in vhost '/'"

SERVER_2 was offline and the .NET consumer tried to connect to SERVER1 (we
don't use the array of addresses feature, we point the consumer directly to
one single server).
The queues were created on server SERVER_1 and there were no queues in
 webadmin queue listing of SERVER_2.

By the way all our queues and exchanges are durable and the first thing the
consumer do is to a
channel.DeclareQueue(name=queue_name, durable=true)
In the source code I see this declaration is performed using nowait=false,
exclusive=false...

My