[rabbitmq-discuss] Does anybody know how to deploy RabbitMQ on AIX-Unix system?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Feb 22 13:12:20 GMT 2011

On 22/02/11 12:10, Gustavo Aquino wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did it in AIX on P550. You just need to compile all packages from
> source code by hand.
>
> What happen when you try to compile it?
>
> - Gustavo

Gustavo,

Erlang had support for pre-R12B3 versions of Erlang on AIX 4, but this
is not recent enough for running RabbitMQ. Erlang on AIX support appears
to be unmaintained. It fails to compile on recent versions of AIX,
partly because "aix4" no longer matches in the configuration script.
Perry Smith's patches goes some way toward fixing these problems, but
some work remains, such as SMP support.

Regards

Emile