[rabbitmq-discuss] Is the C client a show-stopper for rabbit?

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Tue Feb 15 13:51:13 GMT 2011

Hi Jiri,

Jiri Krutil <jiri at krutil.com> writes:
> Maybe the C client is just fine as is. But on the other hand, you may
> have some reasons for not supporting it officially. I was hoping that
> you would honestly tell me what the limitations of the C client are;
> that would help a lot in evaluating its chances around here.

The current C client is widely used, and stable, and we fix bugs and add
features to it as issues are reported.

On the other hand, the C client lacks a number of features that can not
be easily added without significant changes to the API it presents
(things like support for nonblocking operation, multiple threads
accessing a single connection, more conventional memory management, SSL
support).  So it is likely that at some point we will introduce a new C
client with a new set of APIs, and phase out our support of the current
C client.

David

--
David Wragg