[rabbitmq-discuss] Is the C client a show-stopper for rabbit?

Eberhard Wolff eberhard.wolff at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 13:23:42 GMT 2011

Hi Jiri,

On 15.02.11 12:50, jiri.krutil.ext at deutsche-boerse.com remarked:
> 1. It has a C++ broker which should supposedly be faster than Erlang. I
> personaly don't think that C++ always means faster, but some people here
> do.

Benchmarks are always hard of course but there is the somewhat famous
comparison of Erlang and C++ at Motorola:

http://www.slideshare.net/Arbow/comparing-cpp-and-erlang-for-motorola-telecoms-software

Erlang was invented for telco applications and I believe the
characteristics of telco applications are the same as for message
brokers i.e. high concurrency, high availability etc. So I think the
prejudice against Erlang's performance is not really justifiable.

Just my 0.02€ of course,

Eberhard

--
Eberhard Wolff        Contradiction Is Balance         Skype: ebr.wolff
		Blog: http://JandIandMe.blogspot.com/