[rabbitmq-discuss] C# Work Queue Question

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Feb 9 15:16:35 GMT 2011

Hi Adam,

On 09/02/11 15:05, Adam Rosenberger wrote:

> I have one more question. The python example only sets the value for the
> prefetch count, while the c# API expects a value for prefetch size as
> well. I set this value to zero after reading the qos reference - does
> that sound correct for the work queue example?

Yes. The broker conformance page has some information about this:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/specification.html#methods

"The server supports non-global prefetch count limits; global limits and
prefetch size limits are not implemented."

The C# client exposes more features than the RabbitMQ broker implements
in this case. Prefetch size and global limits are only useful when using
the RabbitMQ C# client to connect to a non-RabbitMQ AMQP broker.

Regards

Emile