[rabbitmq-discuss] How do I protect rabbitmqctl?

Max Bridgewater max.bridgewater at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 13:00:55 GMT 2011

Hi,

I've got a pretty simple question. I created a user called "root",
then I set this user to admin (rabbitmqctl set_admin root) and cleared
admin rights from from all other users (guest, etc.). Now, similar as
when using mysql client, I was expecting that at some point, the tool
rabbitmqctl would require credentials for creating new users and
setting permissions. This doesn't seem to be the case. I'm missing
something?

Thanks,
Max.