[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP 0.9.1 Specification: Suport for Deliver API

Prashant prayadav at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 21:00:03 GMT 2011

Helo,

I was stuck while trying to use deliver option in channel. Now , in my
experiment , I am trying to use basicRecover to republish all the
unack messages back to the channel. These messages gets again repub ,
so far so good. But i fear , it might go into a loop as ,when Consumer
cannot consume messages it will be returned back to channel.

I looked into Spec refrence and found out that channel has a deliver
mechanism , which basically checks for relivered bit .
Per specification-----
This method delivers a message to the client, via a consumer. In the
asynchronous message delivery model, the client starts a consumer
using the Consume method, then the server responds with Deliver
methods as and when messages arrive for that consumer.

    * The server SHOULD track the number of times a message has been
delivered to clients and when a message is redelivered a certain
number of times - e.g. 5 times - without being acknowledged, the
server SHOULD consider the message to be unprocessable (possibly
causing client applications to abort), and move the message to a dead
letter queue.
-------
Now , my question is how I can leverage this , i.e.  if messge is
redelivered 5 times to channel , I intend to publish a message about
the status of this message with specifics that it has been failed
after trying 5 times...
If , its pssible , where do I need to add the logic to check this,
certainly now publisher as the messages are in channel.Can you please
throw in some pointers.

Regds
Prashant