[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue bound by a percentage change?

Robert Raschke rtrlists at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 3 09:44:40 GMT 2011

Hi James,

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 12:47 AM, James Carr <james.r.carr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Or you could use a filtering shovel, which does the range checking for
> you.
>
> filtering shovel? Can you expand on that?

Well, I personally have never used the shovel plugin (I think it's a plugin,
but it could simply be an add-on, I forget). You can use it to bridge two
AMQP servers, for example, and those could of course be one and the same. My
expectation would be that you can specify in some way which messages you
want the shovel to, err, shovel from one system to the other.

It might be a dead end, but probably worth spending an hour to look at what
a shovel can do for you.

Let's see, ah, here's a link:
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-shovel/file/rabbitmq_v2_3_0/README

>From the looks of thing there's no obvious way to add filtering into that;
at least not from a config perspective, maybe the code is so simple, that
it's easy to add things you need. Or you could simply use it as a starting
point for creating your own filter that sits between your queues. Depends a
bit on how deep into programming you are willing to dive.

Robby