[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ hangs, does not accept connections

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Dec 30 15:44:46 GMT 2011

Dmitri,

On 30/12/11 15:34, Dmitri Minaev wrote:
> But I am still curious about the fact that until about two months ago
> our experience with RabbitMQ was very good. We had version 2.1 or 2.2
> then and it worked fine. The problems started when I moved Rabbit to
> another server and upgraded it. Either the bug was introduced between
> versions 2.2 and 2.6.1, or it is related to some changes in the server
> environment. Is it possible to find out whether versions 2.1-2.2 were
> also influenced by the problem?

As I said, the problem I identified has been around for more than three
years.

The likely trigger is some obscure condition in the network stack. So it
is quite conceivable that the move to a different server made this
happen with a much higher probability than before. For example, it looks
like you are now using IPv6 - was that the case before the move too?

Matthias.