[rabbitmq-discuss] 404, "NOT_FOUND - no queue 'foo' in vhost '/'"

Matt Pietrek mpietrek at skytap.com
Tue Dec 20 22:44:10 GMT 2011

Some additional information I've learned since posting the original, below.

After shutting down the primary node, the queue causing the 404 error has
actually vanished from the broker. Keeping an eye on the Management Web UI,
I literally see it disappear.

In addition, in the rabbit@<nodename>.log, I see a whole bunch of spew,
including many instances of this:

=WARNING REPORT==== 20-Dec-2011::14:09:17 ===
Non-AMQP exit reason '{{{function_clause,
                            [{gb_trees,lookup,

[<<150,83,52,247,194,247,140,35,130,167,168,
                                    35,224,203,183,186>>,
                                  {dict,0,16,16,8,80,48,

{[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],
                                       [],[],[]},
                                      {{[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],
                                        [],[],[],[]}}}]},
                             {rabbit_amqqueue_process,
                                 '-confirm_messages/2-fun-0-',2},
                             {lists,foldl,3},
                             {rabbit_amqqueue_process,confirm_messages,2},
                             {rabbit_amqqueue_process,next_state,1},
                             {rabbit_amqqueue_process,noreply,1},
                             {gen_server2,handle_msg,2},
                             {proc_lib,wake_up,3}]},