[rabbitmq-discuss] problem starting rabbitmq

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Aug 23 10:21:28 BST 2011

On 22/08/11 22:12, interglossa wrote:
> I have downloaded rabbitmq--server-generic-unix-2.5.1.tar (generic
> linux tar) and am trying to run it on RHL 2.6.18-238.12.1.el5.  I have
> built erlang 5.8.4 (R14B03) and when I run the server I get the
> message
>
> Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
> ERROR: generation of boot script file /export/xxx/
> rabbitmq_server-2.5.1/mnesia/rabbit at hostname-plugins-expand/
> rabbit.script failed:
> {'EXIT',{{badmatch,{erl_prim_loader,error}},
>           [{xref_utils,find_beam,1},
>            {xref_base,'-make_libs/5-fun-0-',2},
>            {lists,foldl,3},
>            {xref_base,make_libs,5},
>            {xref_base,do_set_up,1},
>            {xref_base,do_set_up,2},
>            {xref_base,q,3},
>            {xref,handle_call,3}]}}
>
> Does this look as though I am using the wrong version of erlang for
> this rabbitmq release?

No, 2.5.1 and R14B03 definitely work together.

We've seen a couple of reports of this error before. It's always
associated with people building Erlang from source, and it very much
looks like Erlang is failing to find bits of itself.

If I were you I'd get our Rabbit RPM and the Erlang RPM from Peter's
repo, as documented at http://www.rabbitmq.com/server.html.

If you don't want to do that then I'd try rebuilding Erlang again, and
look for strange warnings.

Cheers, Simon
--
Simon MacMullen