[rabbitmq-discuss] Consumer Callback

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Tue Aug 16 17:14:22 BST 2011

Dear Fang,

The overhead of persistent messages is not going to be that great (some background I/O will be going on) as a persistent message doesn't AFAIK translate into a serial write, let alone a force (fsync).  So similar send/receive rates is not too surprising.

Setting autoAck=true should mean that delivered messages can be discarded sooner, but I'm  not sure what you think is wrong with your scenarios.
I assume that you declare the queue autoAck=true in both the producer *and* consumer code (just checking).

Can you be a little more specific about what you think you *ought* to be seeing, and what you *do* see?

Steve Powell  (a happy bunny)
----------some definitions from the SPD----------
Rigatoni n. A prime-ministerial grin.
Nigella n. The next bottle-size up from a Nebuchadnezzar.
Homily adv. Rather like a frenchman.