[rabbitmq-discuss] Consumer Callback

fangbot fangbot at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 00:55:31 BST 2011

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the tips. I'm moving on to testing the performance of persistent
vs transient messages. To do this, I am sending batches (50,000) of 100 kb
messages over a P2P exchange from one producer to one consumer. However, in
both tests, the consumer is bound to a durable queue with auto-ack turned
on. I am then sending one batch using MessageProperties.PERSISTENT_BASIC and
one batch with a null argument for the properties. However, I am seeing
similar send/receive rates for both of these batches.

I have a feeling this is because I am using a durable queue with auto-ack =
true for both persistent and transient messages. The reason for this is
because, in the future, I would like to send both persistent AND transient
messages to the same consumer. Do you have any ideas on what I might be
doing wrong?

Thanks,
-Fang