[rabbitmq-discuss] Homebrew RabbitMQ

Ian Ragsdale ian.ragsdale at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 09:33:37 BST 2010

It's quite convenient, and I don't think that anyone believes running it as a service is a detriment.  All things being equal, I'd prefer to have it running as a service.  However, in my own environment the advantages of having it run as a service are far outweighed by the extra 6GB of stuff (perhaps an exaggeration, but not by much) that macports want to install to get it running.

- Ian