[rabbitmq-discuss] Best way to have default queues and exchanges

Marek Majkowski majek04 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 11:37:25 BST 2010

Hi,

I'd say that creating  a durable queues/exchanges via python script is pretty
good idea. Other common option is just to recreate all the setup by your
programs when they start. Creating queues is idempotent - even if you
call queue.declare(name) many times, it will still create only a single queue.

And about python libraries - I'm sure you can script that pretty easily,
amqplib using easy_install -
http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=display&name=amqplib
or pika using pip:
pip install -e git://github.com/tonyg/pika.git#egg=pika

Marek