[rabbitmq-discuss] HA and database schema changes

Vlad Alexandru Ionescu vlad at rabbitmq.com
Wed Sep 15 16:32:14 BST 2010

Hi Steve,

There is currently no easy way to migrate the database.

In general, it is advisable to use the same code which you first used to
create the exchanges, queues etc. on the new version of Rabbit to
reconstruct your setup.
In order to migrate messages, you would have to use the rabbitmq-shovel
plugin, which would consume messages from the old broker and would
publish them into the new one (you must come up with a sensible
configuration, depending on you setup).

Hope that answers your question.

Rgds,
Vlad.